Leadership Coaching is the essence of helping the leaders move from good to great. Marshall Goldsmith of Marshall Goldsmith Partners states, “We only work with leaders who are seen as potentially having a great future in the corporation”.
Marshall further mentions the importance of working with executives (leaders) who are targeted for success within the company. The focus service for Marshall Goldsmith Partners is changing leadership behavior.
Several factors drive the qualification a of potential client:
(1) Marshall Goldsmith Partners is a “pay only for results”. In other words, they only work with executives that would benefit from the services, and for the most part is destined to succeed;
(2) they only work with successful executives; and
(3) they refuse clients who has an integrity violation.
With these client qualifications, Marshall Goldsmith Partners motivates executives to improve, change, and grow.
Marshall addresses four critical points with the executive; they include:
- (1) let go of the past;
- (2) be helpful and supportive, not cynical, sarcastic, or judgmental;
- (3) tell the truth; and
- (4) pick something to improve yourself. All of these factors are the ingredients for success.
– – – – – – –
Goldsmith, M. and L. Lyons, 2006, 2nd ed. Coaching for Leadership. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer.
– – – –
(c) 2009 Karlyn D. Henderson, M.A. All rights reserved worldwide.
x x x