Virtual Opportunity: VIRTUAL WEB EDITOR INTERN
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging internship helping build a brand-focused monthly newsletter and blog for an entrepreneur? Interested in working virtually, setting your own hours, and helping to create a virtual published newsletter and blog that will be distributed to existing (and new) email newsletter subscribers?
Poimena Consulting, LLC, is looking for a qualified intern to join our Executive Administrative Team. We are looking for an intern interested in serving in all aspects of the writing, publishing, business or marketing fields. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and will complete this program ready to enter an entry level public relations role with excellent skills. It’s essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team entrepreneurial environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of writing, publishing, business or marketing. This opportunity is open to those seeking hands on experience.
Industry: Management Consulting in Organizational Effectiveness and Leadership Development
Position Location: Virtual
Job Type: External, Part-time (10-12 hours per week)
Education Level: Some College Coursework Completed and pursuing a 4-year degree with Minimum GPA of 3.0
Career Level: Experienced with 1 Year or more (Non-Manager)
Intern selection will be based upon, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Company is looking for an undergraduate student who is majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy organizing details.
- Microsoft Office and WordPress experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently and with minimal direction
- Must be a dedicated, responsible, creative, articulate, personable and an organized self-starter. The applicant should possess excellent writing and communications skills, be detail oriented and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Applicant must be a competent writer and Social Networking/Internet savvy with plenty of original ideas as you’ll be contributing directly to the monthly features (and writing many of them) for each edition of the newsletter.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, WordPress (must have access to the internet)
- Knowledge/prior experience in marketing/PR a plus – but not required
An ABSOLUTE MUST: Additionally, you will be responsible for sending an email every day you work answering the following questions –
- What you got done that day?
- What challenges or obstacles you encountered?
- What questions you have?
- e-Newsletter design and layout on Mailchimp
- Writing articles, reports and op-ed pieces in each edition of the newsletter
- Research on competitors newsletters
- Creative ideas for monthly topics within each edition of the newsletter
- Strong organization skills including ability to collect and structure information and data
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified, clear manner
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel (sort, filter, & pivot tables), Word, Google calendar, etc.
- Completing additional tasks as requested by CEO
- Must be 20 years or older
Hours and Salary:
- The ability to work approximately 5 days per week for approximately 10-12 hours per week.
- Position available immediately
- This is an unpaid internship for college credit if desired. We will work with your school/academic advisor to help you fulfill college credit if needed but please let us know PRIOR to the beginning of your internship so that we can coordinate appropriately with your school.
Term Assignment: 6 months
Then this is DEFINITELY for you, if you are . . .
- Honest – (put your heart into the work)
- Hard worker – (doing your best)
- A heart and willingness to learn – (We will put a lot on you to learn)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in an internship with an entrepreneurial company with immediate consideration, complete the online application and upload your your resume and cover letter. Be sure to include “Intern: Virtual Web Editor Intern”.
No phone inquires, please.
Be sure to include in your cover letter (1) explaining why you are a good fit for Poimena Consulting (2) specify your availability, (3) year and major in college, as well as (4) skills that will apply to this position. Learn more about Poimena Consulting, LLC, visit our website at www.Poimena.com.
Poimena Consulting, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are evaluated without regard to race, creed, sex, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. An internship with Poimena does NOT confer permanent full-time employment status. Interns are not entitled to employment benefits.
To apply for this job please visit poimena.com.