Meeting: July 28, 2015 at 2:00 pm EST
Attendees: Carole McNichol, Keya Grant, Shantell Stickland-Davis, Beth Beskin, Karlyn D. Henderson
- Leadership Team Member: Monica Waugh-Benton = responsible for Ambassadors and Bloggers
- Venue Site: Emory Conference Center Hotel (negotiations)
- Association Alliances: National Association of Asian-American Professionals (NAAAP)
- Board Advisors can submit up to 3 blog posts for OPTIMUM Blog
- Board Advisors will begin reviewing speaker presentations on Monday, August 10.
- The presentations will be distributed in groups of 8-9 per week for four weeks to minimize overwhelm.
- Presentations will be submitted in an PDF with active links to review speaking videos (if applicable)
- Scoring will take place online (a link will be provided to scoring webpage)
- “Call for Speakers” ended July 31, 2015
- Currently 35 presentations have been submitted for OPTIMUM 2016; Some speakers submitted two presentations which was allowed.
- OPTIMUM Theme: Own Your POWER. Women Leaders and Entrepreneurs are encouraged take responsibility for their leadership roles and careers and position themselves for success.
- Speaker Categories: [1.] Leadership & Development, [2.] Career Management & Advancement, and [3.] Professional & Personal Excellence (i.e.: finances, health, fitness, lifestyle, mindset, etc.)
- 14 Total speakers needed (excluding Keynote) and the number of topics for breakout sessions consists of:
- 4 Leadership & Development;
- 4 Career Management & Advancement;
- 2 Entrepreneurship;
- 2 Life (i.e. overcoming obstacles, mindset, conquering fear, etc.);
- 2 Professional & Personal Excellence (i.e.: finances, health, fitness, lifestyle, work-life balance, etc.)
- Scale: Presentations will be reviewed on a scale of 1 to 5:
- 1= Poor Match 2=Fair Match 3=Good Match 4=Very Good Match 5=Excellent Match
- Criteria: Presentations will be evaluated based upon the following:
- – Speaker has strong credentials and reputation specific to conversion rate optimization
- – Speaker has successfully presented at other industry conferences or professional functions
- – Proposed content is relevant, novel, and unique
- – Presentation topic adds value to OPTIMUM, is actionable, and is specifically focused on an area of leadership, leadership development, career management and advancement, and personal excellence.
- – Presentation title is engaging and appropriate – one that that will grab people’s attention while at the same time speak to their subject matter.
- – Presentation description clearly outlines learning objectives, addresses major points to be covered and provides a clear overview of content to be presented
- – Presentation’s main topic is clear and the rest of the content builds a smooth, understandable manner to support the speaker’s topic.
- – Presentation is convincing and educational.
(1) Need to recruit more Leadership Team members.
(1) Be prepared to review speaker presentations beginning Monday, August 10 through Friday, September 4.
(2) Mark your calendars … next tele-meeting scheduled for August 13 at 7:30 p.m. EST. This meeting is specific to ask questions about the speakers. It will be very short.
CONFIDENTIAL: All information shall remain confidential and should NOT be forwarded others.