Meeting: June 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Attendees: Melanie Bonita, Darlene Hunter & Karlyn D. Henderson
(1) Due to the date rapidly approaching and the desire to host an event of excellence and with lasting impact in the lives of women professionals and leaders, I’m changing the OPTIMUM Women’s Leadership and Development Conference until November 3-4, 2016. Please know this decision was with careful prayer and consideration. I want to represent you and myself with excellence. I feel good about this decision, as I’ll have more time to recruit sponsors, board advisors, leadership team members, alliance partners, speakers, and committee members.
(2) All Advisory Board non-cash compensation remain for 2016. Although some of you may not want to serve for 2016; this is acceptable. I still need your input and support for 2015.
(3) Newly recruited Georgia House of Representative Beth Beskin to serve on the Advisory Board.
(4) Have tele-interviews scheduled with other Georgia House of Representatives to serve on the Advisory Board.
(5) Looking to schedule a POWER Breakfast for November 6 or 7, 2015. (a kick-off for OPTIMUM 2016)
(6) Contacted Jill Konrath as a potential breakout speaker for those entrepreneurs who need to build and expand their sales skills. Jill is 2014: Top 25 Sales Influencers, 2014: 25 Influential Sales Leaders: InsideView, 2014: Top 50 Most Influential in Sales Lead Mgmt, and so much more.
(7) Visited several hotels in downtown Atlanta. Westin and Georgian Terrace were great; however, parking too congested and valet parking at $15. Ramada Plaza was a bust. Looking at venues on the outside of downtown Atlanta that can serve as a hub but not a challenge with parking.
(8) Contact several speaker organizations in metro Atlanta to recruit speakers for OPTIMUM.
(9) OPTIMUM has a Philanthropic Partner, NEXT Steps Youth Entrepreneur Program at http://nextstepsyep.org/
(1) Need to recruit a Leadership Team. Job titles and descriptions to follow soon.
(2) Need to recruit speakers. Send interested individuals to http://www.optimumwldc.com/speakers-panel/call-for-speakers/
(3) Career Management expert for November 2016 breakouts. Suggestions send them to http://www.optimumwldc.com/speakers-panel/call-for-speakers/ before July 31, 2015.
(1) Mark your calendars … next tele-meeting scheduled for July 9 at 2:00 p.m. EST.
CONFIDENTIAL: All information shall remain confidential and should NOT be forwarded others.