Currently we have a number of Internship opportunities OPEN!
Are you purpose-driven, people-minded and leadership bound? If you’re a self-started who likes transformation works impacting the lives of others, working virtually, setting your own hours, and growing with an entrepreneurial business, we’d like to talk to you about becoming a part of our Executive Administrative Team.
Headquartered in the metro-Atlanta, Poimena Consulting, LLC, a leadership, personal, and career development consultancy, serves organizations who are challenged with advancing the careers professional working women who are making the transition from managing to leading. Additionally, Poimena works with individuals to build their leadership skills and expand their capacity to lead.
Working at Poimena is a great chance to build your skill set and gain real world experience. At Poimena we are committed to ensuring a work environment built on equal opportunity and respect for every individual, regardless of race, gender or religion. Our internships are available for outstanding university students. When you participate, you’ll:
- Gain hands-on experience by participating in live projects.
- Explore skills under the supervision and guidance of experienced professionals.
- Use our internship program as a gateway to explore job opportunities with Poimena after graduation.
- Career development support where you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and trainings to support your own career path.
The simplest way to apply for a position at Poimena Consulting is online. Review the various openings on our Job Board.
How to Get an Internship
Why intern with Poimena Consulting? You can:
- Increase skills that can position you for better jobs and higher compensation
- Partner with Karlyn and her executive team and see the inner workings of a small business
- Get school credit, if desired
- Know your internship is making an impact on small businesses across the world
- Easily work around your school, work or other commitments
- Add interesting projects to your portfolio
- Improve your resume, cover letters, and job search plan
- Experience benefits as a member of our family long after your internship is over like networking opportunities, introductions, references, and more
We offer virtual internships where you can participate from anywhere in the United States with just a computer, phone, and reliable internet access. You don’t have to be in Atlanta, Georgia where we are located.
Internships are great, but virtual internships are even better!
- Work with an employer from the comfort of home.
- Save time (no commute) and money (no gas and no professional wardrobe).
- Academic credit can be arranged in most cases.
- Intern as little as 10 hours a week according to your schedule!
Even though our internships are unpaid, we know the experience, mentorship, training, and non-monetary benefits will your career far beyond the term of your internship!
These internships are perfect for students or others (working or unemployed professionals, creatives, stay-at-home Moms and Dads, people exploring a career change, and anyone looking for work experience.) Your energy and excitement are more important than your past experience or your educational background.
We welcome applications from people of every age group, skill level, and background. We work with individuals who want to get more experience and skills and those who are enrolled in academic programs.
Applicants must exhibit clear and professional written and oral communication skills, be detail oriented, work well without direct supervision, and have the ability to follow through on a project from beginning to end. Some experience is necessary; however, we will train you and give you all the tools you need to be successful.
Interns will be offered the opportunity to make a difference to interact and network with executive leaders of organizations including corporations, government agencies, non-profits, higher-learning institutions, teams, and individuals.
When you join our Internship Program as a team player on the Executive Administration Team you should not be surprised to see that our culture is one that is innovative and client-focused.
Interns can expect to be challenged and supported, have an internship project plan, and feel connected and valued by our team.
Poimena Consulting is looking for a qualified interns to join our Executive Administrative Team. Our interns are expected to help produce quality work to get the word out about our services to our prospective customers, current clients, and our networking partners.
Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in various aspects of business. Some of our requirements include, but not limited to:
- Some work experience is required.
- The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently and with minimal direction
- An employee who is dedicated, focused, hardworking, self-motivated, and energetic
- Strong interpersonal communication both verbal and written
- Computer literacy (must have access internet)
- Internships require a minimum of 10 or more hours per week for 6 months depending on the project you’re working on. This can be adjusted to meet your specific hour requirements for school credit or your schedule.
- Some positions require minimal travel is required (quarterly meetings and speaking engagements). These positions will be specific to metro Atlanta, Georgia.
Positions are available now for our Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall programs.
Okay, if you have reached this point, no doubt you are interested. So we strongly recommend you join our team. So, let’s get started and send us a cover letter, your resume with work experience, and references to People.Resources[@]Poimena[.]com
In the body of the email (a.k.a. your cover letter) provide the following:
- Why you would like to work with us. Be honest.
- Where you would like to be personally and professionally in the next five years
- a Link to your LinkedIn profile
- Where you found out about our internship (Recruiting Website, Friend, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- What internship project/position you are applying for
- And answer the following question in your email
- If applying for a Marketing position: What interests you about Marketing?
- If applying for a Project & Administrative Assistant position: What interests you about Human Resources and/or Project Management?
- If applying for a Public Relations position: What interests you about Public Relations?
- You get the picture
We look forward to hearing from you and you becoming a part of the Poimena Executive Administrative Team.
There are 6 key positions available for internship at Poimena Consulting, including:
- MARKETING ASSISTANT INTERN
- PROJECT & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT INTERN
- COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST INTERN
- PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT INTERN
- SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST INTERN (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more)
- WEB / GRAPHIC DESIGN ASSISTANT INTERN
Yes, you are ready to apply for an internship with Poimena Consulting to become part of our Executive Administrative Team.
To receive a job description of your desire internship, simply submit an email to People.Resources[@]Poimena.com and place in the subject line the intern job title. You will receive a reply with the job requirements.
There are 6 tips to apply for internship at Poimena Conusling
Review the qualifications before applying.
Every position has minimum qualifications that will help you decide if it is the right position for you.
Complete your application.
A complete application speeds up the review process and reveals your attention to detail.
Avoid the résumé black hole.
Be specific about the position you are applying for so we know who should receive your application.
Check your spelling.
When applying online, make sure to review each of your responses for misspelled words before submission.
Attach your résumé.
By attaching your résumé, you provide us with your extended experience, additional education and unique skills, revealing a complete picture of where your talents excel.
Check your email.
We communicate by email often, so make sure to check yours (including the spam folder).
Be ready to shine.
We are looknig forward to getting to know our applicants; so get ready for your interview and SHINE!